Monday, December 5, 2011

What lies ahead..

Faith isn't the ability to believe long and far into the misty future.
It's simply taking God at His Word and taking the next step.
- Joni Erickson Tada-
I needed to hear this today. There's been alot on my heart lately, alot of questions, long hard prayers for things of the future, trusting in the Lord to make my future just right for me. But I've been thinking so much of WHO I'll spend my future with. I know I'm still young, but these thoughts so often cross my mind and heart and their so important. So I've been praying ALOT for who ever it is I'll spend the rest of my life with. I know he's out there, and I'm praying that he's saving himself for me, cos I'm saving myself for him <3 
All my life I've been told to pray for the person I'll end up marrying, obviously it seemed a really weird thing to do. But now that I am older an see just HOW important these prayers are, I won't stop. Even when I have met him
This is more personal than I really care to get, but I hope it might encourage you do start earnestly spending time in prayer with God. 
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! It is perfect. I know how you feel. It is completely natural to think about that type of thing and the best thing to do is pray about it! I'm going to have to be honest, I really struggle to give this area to God. I find myself worrying that if I trust God to find the perfect guy for me then he will end up being this super spiritual, dry person who is the farthest thing from cute that I can imagine. haha but I don't think God is like that and so I'm trusting Him to find me a guy who fits my needs even if it is hard at times (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Chemdia! I have felt that way before! But I know that if I am patient that He will bring the right man for me. <3 :) I just gotta leave it to Him. <3

    <3 Lovely post Nonii. <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete