Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I had my monthly orthodontist appointment today. It went well, besides that I now have to wear rubberbands, and now my bottom teeth hurt, but ohwell, just alittle more to go!! I am not sure weather he said that the next time I come in, will be when I get them off, or the time after. But its REALLY close to idk, I am soo exited to get them off!! I am going to have them taken off, then I get to go a week without anything while my avisaline (sp?) retainers are being made. :) :) :) :) :) :)
Me and mom had to go to The Factory (a place that has a bunch of booths filled with anything you can imagine, its kinda like a bunch of garage sales but better) to get my grammas doggie some dog food. So, since their are antiques, books, and clothes there, we HAD to walk around. Mom found some beautiful old plates, and I found an amazing 70's-ish tin for 4$. I just LOVE it! Then we went to another antique store, and I found a MATCHING one!!! How fantastic is that?!?!

I just LOVE the pattern, so...quirky! So totally my style.
I am not sure which is my fave! I think this one might have to be it, its so unique, it looks great on my desk :)
This one if not really quarky, but it is vintage :)
And that is all for today, I just wanted to share with you my lovely bargains (did I mention most of them were 2$?!?!?! that was the best part!!)

7 comments:

  1. I miss the Factory! I bought some beautiful green bowls the last time I was there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I want to go antique shopping too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! the factory is great, Paula, you would REALLY like the bowls mom got! they are more like plates, but still bowls...like, really shallow i guess.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, man. A girl after my own heart. I LOVE flea market shopping! and I LOVE the two matching tins. Love the flowers. I can't believe you found them to match. That is so much more fun (to me) than going to a store and buying new stuff. Half the stuff in my house is from a flea market. Even my fireplace mantle, though we bought new marble and a new firebox to go with the old mantle. Hope your teeth stop hurting. I remember that pain, but I do have straight teeth now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kimberly, I know, I was thrilled to find matching ones especially since I LOVE them so much! And Yes, buying old, vintage junk is WAY more fun than new things ;) We should go antique shopping sometime :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would LOVE to! I really like the place north of town off highway 67 before you get to Park Hills. Two stories of wonderful junk. It takes me a while to get through the place. I have to have a couple of hours set aside. and I'd better have some money, too, because I ALWAYS find something I like. I don't do garage sales much because I like to sleep in past 7 on Saturdays and you don't have the convenience of having everything in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ya! I know that place..(i think) It is awesome. I rarely get to look through downstairs cuz whoever I am with wants to leave by the time I am done with upstairs! I got my bubble gum machine there :D

    ReplyDelete