Tuesday, November 8, 2011

In 2 hours..

I'll be 17. I really really really don't like making a big deal out of birthdays. Actually, in the past I've been known for not doing anything special at all for my b-day. Or even telling people about it. I guess it was my way of defying the fact that I was turning yet another year older.  Course that was about the ages of 14, 15, and 16. Before that I always had friends over to go play in the woods. And a few b-days my family was in, or there were fun plans already planned not in honor of my b-day, so I had fun anyway.
I never would have guess how much things could change in a year. Or how much I would change. And even tho I've lost a few friends (not broken relationships, just relationships made geographically harder, that makes sense right?)  and I've  gained a few freinds, and I've gotten closer to the ones I already had. It really has been a wonderful year, filled mainly with the normal things that life likes to throw at your face.
I'm really just my same old self, but thankfully, I can say that I am alot more mature.  But most importantly, my walk with Jesus is stronger.
I get so humbled when I think about it all. I get so lost in it all, all the mercy HE has had with me, all His patience, grace and love is completely astounding. 
<3 Happy birthday to me, for my life is happy <3

1 comment: